With utility-scale auctions planned in Colombia in 2018, this is the year that Latin America’s sleeping giant of renewable energy awakes. With a regulatory framework in the pipeline to promote large-scale renewable energy projects and address the energy needs of a growing population of around 49 million, Colombia has all that it takes to go over and above the 4GW of clean energy the country currently generates. Colombia is determined to reduce its current dependence on hydroelectric power and ramp up its efforts to combat climate change, and bolstering investment in wind, solar, and biomass is a key part of the government’s strategy.
Colombia has world-class renewable energy resources. The northern region of La Guajira has consistent and unprecedented wind speeds of 5m/s, with the potential to meet the energy needs of the entire country by generating up to 2,200 Kwh/m² per year.* (Oxford Business Group).
2018 is Colombia’s year to shine. Make sure you don’t miss out on the year that promises to bring enormous renewable energy growth in one of Latin America’s largest and fastest growing economies.
● Colombia's regulatory landscape
● Technical challenges for solar developments
● The prospects for utility scale project development in wind and solar
● Best practices for EPC selection, construction, operation and maintenance for wind farms
● The development of distributed generation and prospects for residential solar