- The transaction will involve the acquisition by Italia T1 Roncolo S.r.l., in partnership with LCF Alliance, of plants with a total installed capacity of 19.3MW.
- Amount of the transaction equal to Euro 23.875 million (Equity Value for 100% of the assets to be sold), of which approximately Euro 0.5 million (corresponding to 50% of the Equity value of no. 1 JV) will be paid to the shareholder of the vehicle company owning 2 plants and approximately Euro 4.5 million will be paid to the 2 JVs owning 3 plants for the transfer of the business branch to 2 Newco
- Total value of the transaction (Enterprise Value) equal to approximately Euro 59 million
- Part of the purchase price, equal to Euro 2.5 million, will be paid into an Escrow account as a guarantee of Seller's obligations and indemnity obligations
- The transaction involves the assumption by the purchaser of financial debts linked to the plants for approximately Euro 43.3 million, of which approximately Euro 6.9 million relating to the Joint Venture companies
- The closing is expected by 30 November 2019
- TerniEnergia will continue to manage the O&M activities of the plants subject to the transaction for a period of three years
- The agreement provides that the sale of further 3 companies owning 3 photovoltaic plants on greenhouses for a total of 4.6MW, at a total price of Euro 3.3 million and with the assumption of financial debt for Euro 9.4 million, is subject to the agreement on the management of ongoing disputes
- The deal will be finalised at the end of the procedure for the approval of the investment committee of the shareholder of Italia T1 Roncolo S.r.l. ("subject to the Investment Committee approval")
- The deal carried out as part of the Recovery and Relaunch Plan of the TerniEnergia Group
TerniEnergia and Italia T1 Roncolo S.r.l., in partnership with the sponsor LCF Alliance, reached an agreement, with the promise of the third party pursuant to art. 1381 of the Italian Civil Code, for the sale by TerniEnergia, also through some subsidiaries and SPV, of 22 photovoltaic plants in Italy with a total installed capacity of 19.3MW.
TerniEnergia will continue to manage the "O&M" activities of the plants involved in the deal for a period of three years. For the formalisation of all the contracts concerning the transaction and for the closing by Italia T1 Roncolo s.r.l., the approval of the Buyers' investment committee is required, while the Board of Directors of TerniEnergia has already approved the green light for the deal.
The agreement provides for the closing of the sale of the assets by 30 November 2019.
The purchase price for 100% of the plants sold is equal to Euro 23.875 million, corresponding to the equity value determined at the reference date of 30 June 2018 (total enterprise value as at 30 June 2018 of approximately Euro 59 million), with the exception of some adjustments that may derive from the evolution of the Net working capital between that date and the closing date.
A consideration of approximately Euro 0.5 million (corresponding to 50% of the equity value of no. 1 Joint Venture) will be paid to the shareholder of the vehicle company owning no. 2 plants. In addition, approximately Euro 4.5 million will be paid to the 2 JVs owning 3 plants for the transfer of the business unit to 2 Newco.
The agreement requires that the closing of the asset sale is subject to the establishment of a certain number of Newco, which will incorporate part of the asset portfolio consisting of a total of 19 plants, of which:
- 16 plants owned by Energia Alternativa S.r.l., Terni Solarenergy S.r.l., Girasole S.r.l., Sol Tarenti S.r.l. and Solter S.r.l. (3 plants of which held by the JV);
- and 3 plants directly owned by TerniEnergia SpA.
The shares of the SPVs will then be transferred to the Buyers as from the signing of the acquisition contract (closing).
The remaining 3 plants held by SPV Guglionesi S.r.l. and Alchimia Energy S.r.l., will, instead, be sold to the Buyers with the formula "Quota Purchase Agreement" (acquisition of the shares of the companies owning the plants subject to the transaction).
The transaction also involves the assumption by the Purchasers of financial debts linked to the plants for approximately Euro 43.3 million, of which Euro 6.8 million related to the plants held in Joint Ventures at 50% with other partners. Part of the purchase price, equal to Euro 2.5 million, will be maintained in an Escrow account as a guarantee of Seller's obligations and indemnification obligations, and issued upon fulfilment of certain conditions expressly established by the parties.
The closing of the transaction is subject, among other conditions, to obtaining (if necessary) the consent of credit institutions, in the form of waivers, the sale of photovoltaic assets and other conditions of a technical and financial nature, typical of this type of transaction.
The same agreement also provides for the sale of 3 agricultural companies owning further 3 PV plants on greenhouses for a total of 4.6MW, at a price of Euro 3.3 million and with the assumption of financial debt of Euro 9.4 million. This further agreement is, however, subject to the agreement on the management of ongoing disputes.